- XML Info and
- These James Tauber sites provide a wide range of XML information.
- The XML Files @ WebDeveloper.com
- A selection of articles that have appeared at webdeveloper.com and other
internet.com-affiliated sites. Don't overlook the links to "Top XML Resources"
at the bottom of the page.
XML Articles and Tutorials
- CNET'spotlight on
- A selection of XML and XML-related (XHTML, SVG, SMIL) tutorials.
- XML finetuning.com
- A nice list of XML standards, tutorials, and links to outside sources.
- DeveloperWork's XML
- This IBM XML portal is a great place for XML news, lists of XML tools, and
XML articles that are typically of a more advanced nature.
- XML Zone
- An XML portal that contains links to news, articles, newsgroups, and sites
concerned with XML.
- XML guru Michael Floyd's home page.
- XML.com - The Annotated
- The title says it all.
- Welcome to XML Magazine
- A new XML magazine.
- ZVON.org XML tutorial
Communications Association - GCA Xml FILES
- A list of back issues of CGA'a xml magazine.
at the Open Directory
- Another large list of XML links
XML at Yahoo
Yahoo's two cents on XML.
HotBot Directory- XML-
- A nice list of resources dealing with all things XML.
- About.com's XML Net
- One more general collection of XML links.
Reasons You're Gonna Love XML
- A feature from Jesse Berst'sAnchorDeskexplaining some of the
practical benefits of XML.
- XML and
How it Will Change the Web.
- A brief article explaining the benefits of XML.
BUILDER.COM - Web Authoring - 20 questions on XML
- An informational article answering 20 common questions about XML, its
implementation, and its support.
for the absolute beginner - JavaWorld April 1999
- A nice explanatory article that includes a good collection of links to
- VBXML.com's XSLT
- An excellent listing of the XSLT support implemented in the various
Microsoft XML parsers.
- An updated version of the XSL chapter ofThe XML Bible. Now refers to
the November 16, 1999 W3 recommendation. A pretty comprehensive treatment.
- XSLT in Netscape Gecko
- A brief tutorial with examples of how to use XSLT for client-side XML transformation in Gecko-based browsers, such as Netscape 7 or Mozilla.
- Crane Softwrights Ltd.
- Crane offers a free ebook on XPath and XSLT.
- XML Pitstop XSLT Stylesheet library
- A large selection of XSLT examples.
- ZVON XSLT tutorial
- A quality XSLT introduction. Includes a large XSLT reference.
- VBXML's XSLT tutorial
- A clearly written introduction to XSLT.
- What is XSLT?, Getting started with XSLT and XPath
, Getting started with XSLT and XPath II, and Getting started with XSLT and XPath III
- A series of articles by G. Ken Holman serve as an excellent introduction to XSLT and XPath.
- Jen's XSLT pages
- A nice selction of XSLT tutorials and examples.
Converting XML to HTML using XSL - The Web Developer's Journal
- A brief article on XSLT by Benoît Marchal, the author of XML by
Example. Uses LotusXSL (an earlier version of Xalan) to transform an XML
Documents with XML, XSL, and CSS
- Scott Isaacs walks you through the styling of a document using both CSS and
XSLT together. The example uses the IE5 implementation of XML/XSL. The final
product can be seen here. The stylesheet
Isaacs uses is
Understanding XSLT- Webmonkey.com
- A good introduction to XSLT. Uses the IE5 implementation of XML/XSL.
- On Display: XML
Web Pages with Internet Explorer 5.x
- Simon St. Laurent's XML.com article examining the XML support in IE5. He
also has similar articles looking at the XML support in both Mozilla and Opera.
- Exploring XML - The Browser
War continued - WebReference.com
- This article outlines and compares Mozilla's (In this case Milestone build
12) and IE5's XML support.
- Microsoft's outline of IE5's XSL support. Includes XSL Working Draft
Conformance Notes for IE's XML implementation.
- Getting Started with XSLT
Outlines MSXML 3.0's XSLT support. Includes XSLT and XPath Conformance Notes.
- Getting Started
with Microsoft's new XML parser
- Validating XML
- A detailed review of both XML Schema and RELAX
- XML Schema 2001 and Relax NG Tutorial
- Another quality ZVON tutorial.
- W3School's XML Schema Tutorial
- An introduction to XML Schema and data types.
- W3C XML Schema Made Simple
- A brief introduction to XML Schema. Includes useful usage guidelines.
- Understanding W3C Schema Complex Types
- An easy to understand introduction to complex types.
- MS XML 3.0: Binding The XML Data Source Object To Data
- XML data binding with data types
- Fun With Data Binding
- XML in Data Islands